We offer private and group courses.
These courses are a wonderful way to learn about birth, what to expect, how to embrace labour and the first few days with your new baby.
Session One – Understanding labour
- The stages of labour
- What does it feel like and what to expect
- Writing a birth plan
- When to go to hospital and what to take for you and your baby
Session Two – The magic of birth
- Birth DVD (optional)
- Understanding hormones – labours drivers
- Involvement of the partner
- Positions for labour
- Breathing techniques and meditation
- Herbal teas and aromatherapy
Session Three – Understanding medical assisted births
- Understanding medical intervention and why it can happen
- What is an induction, what to expect
- Helping your body heal after birth, from a natural delivery and a medical delivery
- Welcoming your baby into the world
- Relationship – two becomes three or more – extending the family
- How may you feel
Session Four – Feeding and Care of your baby
- Positioning and latching, how does it work and the first few days
- Common struggles and how to overcome them
- Bottle feeding
- Involving your partner
- Bathing and nappy changing
- Looking after yourselves
- Private: $550
- Group: $295
For course date or enquires please call: +65 8298 0616 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Ready for Birth Workshops
A wonderful four hour intensive Antenatal Workshop preparing couples for labour, birth and the first few hours with your newborn baby. In this workshop we will focus on practical tips to help you through labour, birth and the early postpartum stage and how partners can be involved and feel supported. We will cover: Hospital Essentials, Birth Plan, Positions for Labour and Birth, Natural Pain Relief, Options for Third Stage, Welcoming your Baby, Early Postpartum. These workshops are a great opportunity for you to gain support, or perhaps you are second or third time parent and would like a refresher course, it is also a great way to meet other expectant couples.
For dates please call or send us an email – email@example.com
I have had the great honour to support many parents through labour and birth, pregnancy is a wonderful gift and every birth should be cherished.
I believe birth and parenting is very personal and that every parent should be able to make their own informed choices.
With each and every patient I like to build a solid foundation of trust and friendship and to be there every step of the way through their pregnancy and parenting journey.
A recent research report stated that women supported with continuous care during labour and birth have been shown the following:
25% shorter labour
60% reduction in epidural requests
30% reduction in analgesia use
40% reduction in forceps delivery
I like to call this session ‘TIME’ where it gives you the opportunity to ask questions and gain support for you and your baby.
What can be covered; feeding support, bathing, changing, sleep routines, baby massage, winding, holding positions, understanding your baby’s signals, settling techniques and reflexology for mum.
Cost: $150 per hour (after two hours is $80 per hour)
Emeline Hare is Accredited by Fedant, Professional Standards for Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas.