Our antenatal sessions are developed to guarantee a course packed with the very latest evidence based research, practical skills and in-depth knowledge.
Session One – Understanding labour
- The stages of labour
- What does it feel like and what to expect
- Writing a birth plan
- When to go to hospital and what to take for you and your baby
Session Two – The magic of birth
- Birth DVD (optional)
- Understanding hormones – labours drivers
- Involvement of the partner
- Positions for labour
- Breathing techniques and meditation
- Herbal teas and aromatherapy
Session Three – Understanding medical assisted births
- Understanding medical intervention and why it can happen
- What is an induction, what to expect
- Helping your body heal after birth, from a natural delivery and a medical delivery
- Welcoming your baby into the world
- Relationship – two becomes three or more – extending the family
- How may you feel
Session Four – Feeding and Care of your baby
- Positioning and latching, how does it work and the first few days
- Common struggles and how to overcome them
- Bottle feeding
- Involving your partner
- Bathing and nappy changing
- Looking after yourselves
With mountains of advice out there for parents it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure. We provide evidence-based information and help you explore your options. We empower you to confidently make your own decisions that are right for you and your family.
Group and Private sessions are available as well as tailored 121 classes in the comfort of your own home.
For course date or enquires please call: +65 8298 0616 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A recent research report stated that women supported with continuous care during labour and birth have been shown the following:
25% shorter labour
60% reduction in epidural requests
30% reduction in analgesia use
40% reduction in forceps delivery
Doula Support includes:
- Two prenatal sessions to help you get prepared for labour, birth and the early weeks with your newborn. These sessions will be tailored to your needs.
- Continuous support and guidence throughout labour, delivery and the first few hours with your newborn.
- Two postnatal home visits (or can be in hospital), giving you support and guidence with breastfeeding, baby care and postnatal healing. A strong focus on feeding support, settling tools and techniques and what to expect in the first few weeks with a newborn.
Vita Novella – Gift Pack
- Includes aromatherpy oils for labour and birth, medicinal teas for pre and postnatal health, cell salts for pregnancy, labour and lactation.
Birth package including Traditional Chinese Medicine and prenatal and postnatal massage:
- Four hours of private antenatal education, including the stages of labour, what to expect, comfort measures for coping in labour, writing a birth plan and the first 24hrs with a newborn.
- TCM treatment (four sessions) including; pregnancy wellness, optimum presentation of baby and labour support (from week 36)
- A wonderful way to relax the muscles, release the pelvis and hips and allow baby to come down.
- Continuous support and guidence throughout labour, delivery and the first few hours with baby
- Four hours of support and guidence with baby care and postnatal healing. A strong focus on feeding support, settling tools and techniques and what to expect in the first few weeks with a newborn.
- Postnatal massage to help heal the body can also be incorporated into one of the sessions.